I'm not sure I know how to begin describing how gorgeous these are.
I absolutely love creating healthy, delicious snacks.
Of course, everything in moderation but with no added sugar (well maybe just a little in the chocolate) these are perfect treats. I've also served them as a dessert after dinner and they were very well received! Alongside which they are so easy to make. What's not to like?!
150g dark chocolate
50g coconut oil
100g coconut cream
100g desiccated coconut
- Melt coconut oil in a pan.
- Add the coconut milk and desiccated coconut to the oil and stir well.
- Line a small dish with cling film and add coconut mixture.
- Pat down flat and place in freezer for 30-45 mins
- Remove from freezer and cut into small bite size pieces
- Prepare a board with grease proof paper ready to place your bars on
- Melt the chocolate, in a bowl over hot water
- Dip each piece of coconut bite gently into the melted chocolate allowing excess to drip off
- Place on prepared board and leave to set
- Store in fridge and eat as an after dinner treat or a cheeky snack