It’s pancake day! 🥞
Made these lovely savoury chickpea pancakes. Vegan and gluten free 🤗 Yummy with some slow roasted tomatoes and perfectly ripe avocado. Why not give it a try? Recipe on my blog, link in bio….
Simple. Delicious. Nutritious.
Packed full of proteins and a great way to get your hormone balancing phytoestrogens if you don’t love a chickpea 😜
2 spring onions
1 red pepper
1 tsp coconut oil
1 cup gram flour
1 tsp ground turmeric
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 dessert spoons of Nutritional Yeast
1 small handful of chopped coriander
1 spoonful of coconut oil
Avocado, ripe and sliced thinly
Tomatoes, fresh, sun-blushed or oven baked
Fresh coriander to garnish
- Chop the spring onion and red pepper and fry gently in the coconut oil for 10 mins until softened.
- Measure out all the dry ingredients in a bowl or large jug.
- Add water slowly, mixing all the time to ensure no lumps. Once the water is incorporated you can use a whisk to blend the flour. This also adds air and some lightness to the pancakes but is not absolutely necessary...
- To the batter add the chopped coriander, spring onion and red pepper and stir well.
- Add coconut oil to your pan, melt and spoon the batter In 1 tbsp at a time. It is better if the pan is quite hot at this point because the batter is thin and will set as you add it to the pan. You only need to cook for 30 secs to1min per side. Turn over once you see bubbles on the top.
- Serve immediately with the garnishes.
#pancakeday #chickpeapancakes #chickpeas #pancakes #veganpancakes #glutenfreepancakes #vegan #glutenfree #gramflour #savourypancakes #nutritionforhealth #protein #breakfastideas #yummyfood #delicious #healthy